Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting KC for the MLB All-Star Game
Q: How can I find things to do, where to eat, where to stay and get direction in Kansas City?
A. We have several great places for you to go online or on your mobile phone.
- On your computer: www.VisitKC.com/Allstar
- On your mobile phone: m.visitkc.com (VisitKC mobile site), VisitKC iPhone app
- Twitter & Social Media: Tweet us at @VisitKC and/or use hashtag #KC and our Social Media Command Center volunteers will be happy to assist you! You may even see your tweets and pictures on our Social Media Hub!
- In person: The KCCVA staff with operate a FanatiKC Info Booth at 13th & Central outside the KC Convention Center during the following hours:
- Friday, July 6: noon – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 8: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Monday, July 9: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 10: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Q: Where is the best place to park?
A: There are a variety of shuttles that will be offering service as well as designated parking garages in event areas.
- The following map can be used to locate parking Downtown and on the Country Club Plaza. Click to open map.
- Parade: Garages and lots will be open throughout the Country Club Plaza with the exception of the garage at Pennsylvania and Ward Parkway (garage will be in the middle of the parade route.) MAP: Garages with a P will be open for parking during the Red Carpet Parade.
- 5K: Downtown parking can be viewed on a map here.
- FanFest: FanFest Park and Ride will operate Friday – Tuesday. FanFest goers can park in the West Bottoms Garage and ride a shuttle to downtown. For more information please click here.
- FanatiKCs Fun Trolley: The FanatiKCs Fun Trolley will offer free transportation to MLB All-Star event locations and places of interest. Five trolleys will operate from Friday – Tuesday running on 15 minute intervals to 9 stops within Kansas City. View stops and route map.
- Stadium Shuttle. The KCATA is offering a Stadium Express to the sports complex for $15. Tickets will also be good on all regular Metro and MAX service on the same day. For more information please click here.
- Stadium Parking: Parking lots will open at the following times:
- Sunday: 9am
- Monday: 10am
- Tuesday: 10am
*Public gates to the ballpark will open at 2pm on Sunday and 4pm on both Monday and Tuesday.
Q: How much does parking cost?
A: Parking costs vary by location.
- Stadium Parking: Varies by day
- Sunday: $10 cars, $15 Oversized, $20 buses
- Monday & Tuesday: $25 for everyone
- FanFest Park & Ride: $3
- FanatiKCs Fun Trolley: Free
- Downtown Parking: Varies. All Power & Light District garages have $2 parking after 5pm Monday – Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday.
Q: Where are the best places to watch the game?
A: There are 5 official Community Watch Parties around Kansas City on Tuesday, July 10 beginning at 6pm. Watch parties include food, entertainment and admission is FREE.
- Crown Center
- Guadalupe Center (game televised in Spanish)
- 18th & Vine Historic Jazz District
- Kansas City Zoo
- Zona Rosa – Town Square